Thursday, November 13, 2008

What to Write...

Well, I know that I should blog today (just to keep my viewing audience happy...lol) but I just don't know what to blog about. I guess I could talk about my first two days at work.

Monday I went in for orientation. There were 7 of us there and what a great group of people! One is a young 19 year old mother of a 4 month old baby girl. Her husband is in the Navy and they might be expecting their 2nd baby! Another woman is closer to my age, 33 and has 2 children with the same age span as mine; a 7 year old son and 18 month old daughter. I thought that was kind of neat, not alot of us out there have a 5/6 year age gap in our kids! There are 2 19 year old men one of whom just released a gospel album with his aunt that should be in stores. I forget the name of it, but it was pretty creative. Another young man, 26 years old, just graduated from college in Virginia with a degree in youth ministries. He is applying for the youth position at his church and is on the worship team there as well. The last member of our group is a retired Navy pilot. He was in for 20 years and has been out just over 4. He is a very interesting man to talk to.

Orientation was actually fun! I have been to several orientations that claim to be fun, but this one was. It got everyone working as a team and taught us alot about our new employer. After lunch that day we started the computer testing which prepares us to go out onto the floor. It takes more than one day for sure! I finished yesterday and was able to spend about 30 minutes just shadowing another cashier. Saturday when I go in, I imagine I will shadow a little bit more and then will actually get to check out customers with my trainer's supervision. I think this job will be pretty fun. I just love interacting with and meeting new people.

Wish me luck!

No comments: