Thursday, January 8, 2009

Travel Details

Okay, for those with inquiring minds, and so that I know that I have told you all and don't tell any one of you 26 times...

We are planning to leave Jacksonville, FL on Thursday, January 22. My Uncle is flying down from Montana to drive back with the girls and I. Honestly, I am super relieved about that. The trip itself doesn't worry me, it's the trip in the winter with possible crappy roads and a U-Haul trailer hooked to my car that worries me. So, I feel better knowing that we will be in Uncle's capable hands. He and Aunt lived in Seattle, WA for several years, so any big city driving that we have to do won't bother him in the slightest!

As far as where we are going to live? We will be in Butte, or the "little B" ;). I plan to finish my nursing degree at MT Tech. I should have my associates degree, a full blown RN, by spring 2010, but will stick it out for one more year to get that bachelors. I've been working too hard and too long to settle for the associates. I eventually want to get my masters and become a Nurse Practitioner. That will most likely wait 'til both girls are in the double digits!

I can't wait to be back home. Maybe you could all call in a few favors for me to keep the temp at LEAST above zero? :~) I mean, honestly, our "cold" day yesterday was in the sixty's and I didn't even have to wear a jacket. So...it's going to be a bummer to have to be all bundled again. But, on the bright side, it sounds like there is more snow than there has been in years and I can't wait to see how beautiful it is! I also can't wait to see those big pointy things off in the distance that look so amazing covered in snow...Oh Yes! Mountains!!!!

All that said, we WILL miss it here. The things we will miss are many and strangely vague. I can't even quite put down on paper - or computer, or whatever - what they are. It is deeper than "the weather" and the nearness of the ocean. I guess, in part, it is a sense of belonging and a feeling of home. There will be people I will miss greatly, not just M and T, but friends I have made through work. Kylee will miss her friends as well and Laynee will miss her "people" at daycare. We have been truly blessed to be here. Still...I can't WAIT to come HOME!

2 comments:

DeenaL said...

And we can't wait to have you home!
Mom

Loriann said...

We are praying for a safe trip home. Love to all, Lori and girls....